Thank you for your interest in the CCSD Pre-K Child Development Program.
Completing the Pre-K Child Development application is required to be considered for the Pre-K program. Parents are asked to be as honest as possible when answering the application questions. This information is confidential and will only be used for program purposes.
If you would like to apply for Pre-K for a Montessori program, please use the "CHOICE APPLICATION" instead of this "PRE-K / CD APPLICATION" process.
Parents First Step:
- Complete the CCSD Pre-K/Child Development application.
Parents Second Step:
- After an application is complete, parents will schedule a DIAL-4 child screening.
- A DIAL-4 screening schedule will be emailed to each applicant starting March 1, 2021.
- Parent/Guardian will choose: Time, Location, and Date.
*DIAL-4 screenings are required and will take about 45 minutes to complete.
*More DIAL-4 Screening directions will be emailed once the parent/guardian completes the screening sign up process.
More information (after the application process):
- Parents/guardians or students can log in to see their application dashboard or messages. For information on CCSD Pre-K Child Development and future important dates, please visit our webpage (link here).
- Please note that the CCSD Pre-K Child Development application process is not used to register a child for a given school. It is used to apply for consideration to attend a child's zoned school. If the student is qualified to attend a CCSD Pre-K program and the parent accepts the seat, the parent will need to proceed to the Registration process on the Application and Registration Portal.
- Charleston County School District is required by federal and state laws, executive orders, rules, and regulations not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, immigrant status or English-speaking status, or marital status. The board commits the district to nondiscrimination in all its education and employment activities and in all its dealings with the community.