This application portal won't be used for CCSD applications for the 2023-2024 school year. Please refer to the CCSD website for current information on the new application cycle and new platform for families to use.
Thank you for your interest in the CCSD Pre-K Child Development Program.
Completing the Pre-K Child Development application is required to be considered for the Pre-K program. Parents are asked to be as honest as possible when answering the application questions. This information is confidential and will only be used for program purposes.
If you would like to apply for Pre-K for a Montessori program, please use the "CHOICE APPLICATION" instead of this "PRE-K / CD APPLICATION" process.
Parents First Step:
- Submit an online application for CCSD Pre-K/Child Development Program in the application portal. Parents are encouraged to apply early in the application opening window. Note *You can save and complete the application at another time.
Parents Second Step:
- After an application is submitted, parents will schedule a DIAL-4 child screening.
- The link to schedule a DIAL 4 screening will appear after the Pre-K application is submitted.
- Please be prepared to schedule your child's DIAL 4 screening appointment.
- Parent/Guardian will choose: Time, Location, and Date.
- DIAL-4 screenings are required and will take about 30-45 minutes to complete.
More information (after the application process):
- Please note that the CCSD Pre-K Child Development application process is not used to register a child for a given school. It is used to apply for consideration to attend a child's zoned school. If the student is qualified to attend a CCSD Pre-K program and the parent accepts the seat, the parent will need to proceed to the Registration process at email@example.com.
-All accepted seats will be considered pending until the student's documents and residency is verified by the school. Note*Some schools now required income documentation.
- Parents/guardians or students can log in to see their application dashboard or messages. For information on CCSD Pre-K Child Development and future important dates, please visit our webpage ccsdschools.com/prek.
- Charleston County School District is required by federal and state laws, executive orders, rules, and regulations not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, immigrant status or English-speaking status, or marital status. The board commits the district to nondiscrimination in all its education and employment activities and in all its dealings with the community.